Acupuncture is integrated into our Chinese medicine to achieve optimal physical and mental health. Acupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote natural “well-being” and to improve functioning. This is achieved by inserting needles in the skin at various precise acupuncture points. The precise points provide channels of energy called meridians. The meridians can be influenced by needling the acupuncture points; the acupuncture needles unblock the obstruction and will re-establish the regular flow through the meridians.
Acupuncture can help restore the body’s balance, and energy production activities, and improve the circulation of energy through the meridians. The improved energy and biochemical balance produced by acupuncture results in the body’s natural healing abilities, and promotes physical and emotional well-being. This approach is key in creating overall health which will affect reproductive health
Some of the benefits attributed to acupuncture during fertility treatments are:
• Increased blood flow to the uterus resulting in uterine wall thickening and increased implantation rate.
• Increased endorphin production which is believed to affect the release of GnRH, involved in regulating reproduction.
• Lower stress hormones responsible for infertility.
• Improvement in plasma levels of FSH, LH, estradiol and progesterone, all fertility hormones.
• Normalization and regulation of hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis.
• A positive effect for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, to improve follicular growth and ovulation.
• Improve the overall fertility success rates and general health.